What you need for acrylic extension:
- Acrylic powder
- Acrylic Liquid - liquid, used for soaking acrylic powder. You can find (rarely) self-hardening one (has a sharp smell) and which is dried in a UV lamp (plastic, does not harden so quickly on the nails and the smell is not as sharp)
- Brush for acrylic (# 3, 4)
- Files 120/180 grit. For the acrylic nail need a file with more grit, rather than for the gel ones. Usually, black files are designed for acrylic and white - for the gel
- Buffer for polishing nails (in the form a rectangular bar)
- Tips (from # 1 to # 10)
- Glue for fixing tips
- Finish-gel - cover (protection of accrued nails from water), visually a bottle of the finish-gel is similar to a bottle of the nail polish. It can be with and without the adhesive layer
- Primer - used to improve adhesion between natural nails and gel. Externally, a bottle of primer is similar to a bottle of polish, but from the dark glass. You can find in form of pen
- Tips cutter
- UV lamp
- Liquid to remove artificial nails and glue
- Nail polish remover without acetone
- Degreaser for nails or 70% alcohol
- Paper napkins
- Cotton pads
Preparation for acrylic nails extension is the same as for the gel one. (Gel Nails)
The first thing to do is cutting the nails, leaving them to the approximate length of two millimeters. Then gently remove the top layer of the polish with a soft nail file. It should be done to remove such irregularities as the longitudinal and transverse. After the files we use a buffer to polish nails which finally make their surface smooth. That's it - the nails are prepared for the extension.
The next step is degreasing nails with specifically designed liquid or 70% alcohol. After degreasing, the nails should not be touch. Next, the master matches tips with the size of the nail and fix them with special glue.
When gluing tips the important point is that you have to avoid air bubbles under them, otherwise they will quickly fall off.
After all the tips are glued, their form need to be adjusted for desired length and shape. To do this, tips are cut off with a special device - tips cutter and got the desired shape using the nail files. Then he polishes surface of the artificial nails with nail files and buffer until the border between tips and natural nails becomes invisible.
The next phase of the extension - degreasing of the entire surface of natural and artificial nails and application of primer to the area of natural nails. It is important to note that the primer is applied on the completely dry nails, and in any case it should not get on the skin and the artificial nail.
After applying the primer the master starts with acrylic.
Forming small balls Acryl should be applied on the stress zone (the border of the tips and the natural nail), spreading the material in the direction of the cuticle and then up the nail. It is necessary to form a hill on the nail closer to the stress area, spreading the material evenly and as thinly as possible on the edges of the nail. Then, if the acrylic is not self-harden, the nails should be dried in the UV lamp. After drying, the surface of the acrylic nail should be treated with files (carefully aligning the sides) and then grind with a buffer. After this you should wash your hands from the dust and dry thoroughly.
The final step is an applying the finish coating. Then a thin layer of finish-gel is applied as nail polish, not getting on your skin because it is allergenic. Finally, you need to dry it in the UV lamp.
If the finish-gel has a sticky layer, it is necessary to remove the layer after drying.
How to care for artificial nails you can read here Nail care.